Here are five time-tested ways to get lower car insurance rates…
1) Go for a car that has the following: Anti-lock brakes, alarm system, daytime running lights and any other safety or security feature. Cars like that have a high safety rating. They’ll attract lower car insurance rates.
2) If you want to save a lot, pick a third party only cover. The law in a majority of states will be okay with just that. As the name suggests, any damage to your car won’t result in any compensation. It just takes care of the other person’s car. Any damages to your car will be paid for by you.
This is the best option for those who have old vehicles. A demerit of choosing a collision coverage for an old car is that your car’s value at the time of the accident is what would be used to determine what you get. There is simply no way the total of your premiums over a significant time frame and your deductible won’t surpass what you’ll be given as reimbursement. That is, unless your old car is a classic. If an insurance policy won’t be rewarding on the long run, it certainly isn’t worth the sacrifice.
3) The more time you spend behind wheels the greater your risk to the vehicle insurance provider. Therefore, reduce your mileage in any way that you can and you’ll get lower car insurance rates
4) Take a course in defensive driving. Apart from making you drive better, you will lower your car insurance rate once you do.
5) You can get lower car insurance rates by obtaining and comparing quotes from reputable quotes sites. You’ll realize savings if you go to just one of such sites. However, you’ll get more by using at least three. Getting more quotes raises your chances of receiving lower car insurance quotes.
Source by Chimezirim Chinecherem Odimba