CHICAGO (AP) – Twelve people were hospitalized after a carbon monoxide leak at a church on Chicago’s South Side, fire officials said.

The Chicago Fire Department said that just after 1 p.m. it was called to the New Philadelphia Church for reports of a gas smell.

When fire crews arrived at the church, they measured the air and found high levels of carbon monoxide.

Those injured were taken to two hospitals in good to serious condition, firefighters said.

Copyright 2022 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Was this article valuable?


Here are more articles you may enjoy.

Interested in Church?

Get automatic alerts for this topic.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *